Trumbull Art Gallery
Location & Contact:
Trumbull Art Gallery (originally Trumbull Art Guild) was organized as a non-profit corporation in 1957 by a group of dedicated people interested in the promotion of the visual arts and artists in our community. For many years, the organization existed without staff or headquarters, utilizing community buildings for yearly art exhibits. In 1969, TAG moved into the Gillmer House on Mahoning Avenue through the generosity of Mrs. Ralph (Marion Gillmer) Kroehle, and began for the first time to offer art classes, regular gallery exhibits and a gift shop. Mrs. Kroehle deeded the house to TAG in June of l978, and the lovely historic home bustled with art activities throughout the 1980s and early 1990s. With state and local funding on the decline through the late 1990s, the board of directors made the difficult decision in 2002 to sell the house in order to concentrate TAGs limited resources on art programming rather than the dual tasks of presenting art and keeping up a historic home. A generous offer to move into two storefront shops in the Robins Theatre Building in downtown Warren was made by Mr. Brad Phillips in July of 2003, and Trumbull Art Gallery opened its doors to the public at 196-198 East Market Street on December 7, 2003.